Community and Education
Architecture, Interior Design, Project Management
Department of Education and Training Victoria
2019 – completed
Principal Design Consultant and Superintendent
John Lyng Group
Having worked with the Northern College of Arts and Technology for over 20 years, B2 was engaged to design and manage the upgrade and modernisation of the Performing Arts Centre and new administration facilities. With existing facilities having become unfit for purpose and dilapidated, our brief was to upgrade and modernise the existing facilities, creating a world class specialist learning environment.
Prioritising functionality and acoustic performance, without compromising overall aesthetics, B2’s design solution focussed on creating a contemporary learning environment that features interconnected classrooms, breakout spaces and a stunning performing arts centre with music, dance and drama facilities. The school’s new facilities include:
- Administration and office.
- Performing Arts Centre with general learning music, dance and drama spaces.
- Flexible, interconnected classrooms and expanded breakout spaces.
- Landscaped external courtyard.
The building works involved the:
- Demolition of existing buildings
- Refurbishment and conversion of existing buildings.
- New single-storey buildings.
- Modular construction.
- Services upgrades.
- Landscaping of external courtyard.
- Staged works to allow the school to continue to operate.